Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Oh, surprise?

Man, do I really need to post here more regularly, heh. A lot of things came up, and I suppose I just disappeared. Sorry about that. I'm going to try and be more regular. Again. (I know, I'm pretty sure I've said that before.)

For those curious, wondering, ad nauseum (if anyone even reads my blog...) I'm working on a film degree at TU, now, and may or may not attempt an MFA of writing. Still torn. After all, problematically, I'm torn between being a director and a writer and in general, I love storytelling, but I have no idea where to even start or begin. My career. Because that's what I am, a writer, just an unpublished one. Currently thinking I may need to, well, grow up, and actually start working on being published. I tried, uh, last year, but instead I ran into a new neck of the woods of life and apparently got lost for a while (in a good way). Now, I am trying actually get there, now that I'm back on some sort of trail. Sometimes I wish I could be some herding dogs and have them bark and coral me whenever I stray off the path. I'm very bad at controlling myself. But I found a calendar (in the laundry room of my apartment complex), so... Uh. That's cool? I'm going to try and create deadlines and follow them as much as I can. I guess.

For those wondering, I picked up metalsmithing, read some good books, watched some good movies (Argo, Seven Psychopaths, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang), went to NYCC (met Keiron Gillen, nice man), and generally had a lot of fun, recently. Also contracted mono in January and felt like I was dying (and actually stupidly choked on a pill and nearly died then, too; I sort of gave myself the Heimlich manuevre--which is hard to do, but not impossible), uh. I made new friends? I feel like this is some sort of strange letter to an estranged relative now. Oh, I also moved into a new apartment, yay, and have won at having a strange lifestyle.

No comments: